Calcite is one of the most common carbonate minerals and is found in multiple colours. One of the famous and most widely used calcite is yellow calcite. In this article, we will explore all about Yellow Calcite meaning along with its physical and chemical properties, metaphysical properties and benefits.
Yellow Calcite meaning
Yellow Calcite is a crystal that has multiple meanings. It impacts almost all facets of life. From ancient times, people have been calling it the ‘The great eliminator”. It is a crystal that drives away any dark or negative energy.
1. The first meaning of yellow calcite is that it is a stone of positivity and optimism. If you are feeling down or anxious, hold a piece of yellow calcite in your hand and it will help you to feel more positive and hopeful about the future.
2. Yellow calcite is also a stone of courage and strength. In difficult situations, yellow calcite can give you the courage and strength you need to get through it.
3. This stone is also called the stone for mental clarity and focus. When your mind is scattered or unfocused, yellow calcite can help you channel your thoughts and bring your focus back.
4. It also enhances the creative side of your mind. When feeling stuck creatively, yellow calcite can help you to break out of your creative rut and find new inspiration. Those into art, take a note!
5. Yellow calcite is also a stone of manifestation and abundance. If you are working on manifesting your dreams, yellow calcite helps you believe in it from within and attract what you desire.
6. Yellow calcite is also a stone of protection. If you are feeling vulnerable or exposed, yellow calcite can help you to feel more protected and safe.
About Yellow Calcite and its history
Yellow calcite is a calcium carbonate mineral with a Mohs hardness of 3. It is insoluble in water and occurs in a variety of colours, including yellow, orange, red, blue, white, and colourless. It is found in a variety of geological settings, including sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous rocks. It is found in regions like Europe, Australia, and North America.
Due to the prevalent presence of yellow calcite on earth, it has a long history. Yellow calcite has been used for centuries as a pigment and as a gemstone. It was first described in the early 19th century and has since been found in a variety of locations around the world.
It is a type of calcium carbonate that was formed from the remains of marine organisms like corals and shells. For many generations, yellow calcite meaning has been associated with the sun, and it was used as a talisman to bring good luck and fortune. Not just the healing powers but yellow calcite has also been used in many architectures. The Sphinx of Giza is made out of Yellow Calcite.
Yellow Calcite physical properties
Yellow calcite is opaque to clear crystal that is made of calcium carbonate mineral. It can be found in shades of yellow, ranging from light to dark.
It has a Mohs hardness of 3 and a specific gravity of 2.71.
Yellow Calcite meaning and chakra connection
Yellow Calcite Chakra – Solar plexus chakra
Yellow calcite is a stone that is connected to the solar plexus chakra. This chakra is located in the stomach area and is associated with the element of fire. This chakra is responsible for our personal power, confidence, and self-esteem. When this chakra is balanced, we feel good about ourselves and our abilities. Yellow calcite can help to balance and energise this chakra.
Yellow calcite meaning describes this stone as a “success stone” because it can help us to achieve our goals. It is also a stone of mental clarity and can help us to think more clearly and make better decisions. When Yellow calcite aligns the solar plexus chakra we can expect to feel more confident, successful, and in control of our lives.
Yellow calcite healing properties
Those who have known and learnt about crystals and gemstones must have come across the healing benefits of yellow calcite. Yellow calcite is a powerful crystal that has a wide range of benefits and healing properties. It is a stone that can be used for a number of purposes. Here are some of its benefits ranging from emotional, and physical to metaphysical healing properties.
Emotional healing properties
1. Yellow calcite is a stone that is known to boost self-confidence and self-esteem. It is a stone that can help you to feel more positive about yourself and your abilities.
2. Yellow calcite is also a stone that can help to reduce anxiety and stress. If you are feeling overwhelmed or anxious, this is a great stone to help you to relax and feel more at ease. What it does to the wearer is magical they say. When stressed and anxious, it helps you to calmly take a step back and look at the situation first.
Think about it in different ways and look for a solution instead of asking yourself ‘why me’. You then become solution-oriented and gradually your stress levels come down. It is a peaceful way of dealing with situations instead of stressing over them.
3. Yellow calcite is a stone of happiness and joy. When you are feeling down or blue, this is a great stone to help you to find your inner happiness and to feel more positive about life in general.
This stone gives you freedom from negativity. Instead of just walking away from it, Yellow Calcite helps you face it and move past it peacefully. You recover from it once for all and don’t shut it down or hide it in the closet. This defines the beauty of yellow calcite meaning.
4. Yellow calcite is also known to be a stone of mental clarity. If you are feeling scattered or confused, this is a great stone to help you to focus your thoughts and to find clarity of mind.
In times of critical decision-making or when you have too many things going on around you which in today’s world almost everyone is going through, it is important that you prioritise and remove the clutter. Yellow Calcite is that stone which helps you move in this direction.
5. Yellow calcite is also a stone of memory and understanding. If you are studying for exams or trying to learn something new, this is a great crystal to help you to retain information and to understand it more fully.
Physical healing properties
1. Yellow calcite is known to be a great stone for the immune system. Those feeling run down or are prone to getting sick often, this is a great stone to help you to boost your immune system and to stay healthy. It helps get rid of the toxins in our bodies and makes the body healthier.
2. Yellow calcite helps in complete detoxification. It helps to cleanse and purify the body, mind, and spirit. If you are feeling sluggish or bogged down, this is a great stone to help you to release any negativity and to feel lighter and brighter.
3. Yellow calcite is also known to be beneficial for the digestion system. Having a strong and healthy gut helps in getting rid of most diseases. It can help to relieve any digestive issues such as nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and heartburn.
4. Yellow calcite is also known to be helpful for the respiratory system. It is believed to be helpful in relieving any respiratory issues such as asthma, bronchitis, and allergies.
5. Yellow calcite is also known to be helpful for the skin. It can help to relieve any skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
Metaphysical healing properties
1. Yellow calcite is known to be a great stone for those who are working on their spiritual development. It is a stone of psychic development and can help to open up your psychic abilities.
2. This stone is an amazing stone for meditation. It is a must-have for those learning about themselves through meditation. Meditating with yellow calcite helps you speak to your inner self and learn about all the answers you have been seeking. It can help to still the mind and to find inner peace and calm.
3. It is a great stone for connecting with your higher self. It helps you build a bond which is the strongest with the cosmos. It can help you to find your true purpose in life and to live your life to the fullest.
4. Yellow calcite is also known to be a great stone for manifestation and belief. It can help you to manifest your desires and to bring your dreams into reality. It makes you believe strongly and accept your goal. You begin to live your dreams even before achieving them. That’s when the manifestation starts and you get closer to your goal.
5. Yellow calcite is a stone for protection. It can help to protect you from negative energy and to keep you safe from harm. It has such strong vibrations that can keep you guarded always.
6. Calcite is a powerful energy amplifier and cleanser. The stone has a high vibration that will clear, open, and activate the chakras. It also helps to remove blockages and expand consciousness. Calcite is also good for clearing and amplifying energy in the home.
How to use Yellow Calcite
Yellow calcite gemstone can be used in a variety of ways and ways that are most effective.
1. Use as a jewellery
Yellow Calcite can be worn as jewellery. These jewellery are easy to find and are beautiful and elegant. Wearing yellow calcite as jewellery ensures that this gemstone remains closer to your body and keeps providing you with all its healing powers. It is the easiest way to keep the crystal around you always.
You may wear it as an amulet, necklace ring or anything that you prefer. A beautiful yellow calcite bracelet is a perfect way to use it.
2. Place it in your home
Another way to use yellow calcite is to place it in your home. You may place it in any room that needs positive energy. It is said that this gemstone brings happiness and sunshine into the home.
3. Use it for meditation
Yellow calcite is also used for meditation. It is said to help in relaxation and opening up the chakras. When meditating with yellow calcite, it is advisable to keep the gemstone close to you. You may hold it in your hand or place it on your heart chakra.
How to cleanse and recharge yellow calcite
Yellow Calcite is a powerful energy amplifier and cleanser. The stone has a high vibration that will clear, open, and activate the chakras. It also helps to remove blockages and expand consciousness. Yellow Calcite is also good for clearing and amplifying energy in the home.
There are many different ways to cleanse and charge Yellow calcite. Here are some of the most effective ways.
1. Using Water
One of the simplest and most common ways to cleanse calcite is by using water. You can either place the calcite under running water or soak it in a bowl of water. If you are using tap water, it is best to leave the calcite to soak for at least 30 minutes to allow the impurities to be removed. Remove the crystal now and wipe it dry with a soft cotton cloth. Using water is natural and keeps the crystal lustre intact.
2. Using Salt
Another effective way to cleanse calcite is by using salt. You can either place the calcite in a bowl of salt water or sprinkle salt on the calcite and then rinse it off with water.
3. Using Sage
Sage is a powerful cleansing herb that can be used to cleanse calcite. Simply hold the calcite in the smoke of a burning sage stick or bundle. You can also burn the sage and use your hands to bring the smoke closer to your crystal.
4. Using Sunlight
Sunlight is a great way to cleanse and charge calcite. Simply place the calcite in direct sunlight for at least 30 minutes. Make sure you do not expose it for a longer duration in direct sunlight.
5. Using Moonlight
Moonlight is also a great way to cleanse and charge calcite. Simply place the calcite in direct moonlight for at least 6 hours. Moonlight is considered the mildest way to cleanse your stone. It has a feminine energy that is soft and gentle and does no harm to the stone even if you place it for an extended duration.
Crystal combinations to use with yellow calcite
Yellow calcite has its own powers but when you combine it with other stones, it can boost the power of the other stones. So, if you are planning to use yellow calcite for some specific purpose then you should combine it with the following stones.
– For mental and emotional healing, you should combine yellow calcite with amethyst. Amethyst is a stone that has strong healing powers. It can help in healing the mind and emotions. When both these crystals come together, they can create a very powerful force that can help in healing the mind and emotions.
– For physical healing, you should combine yellow calcite with bloodstone. Bloodstone is known for helping in improving the circulation of blood and can also help in detoxifying the blood. When combined with yellow calcite, they can create a very powerful force that can help in healing the physical body.
– For spiritual healing, you should combine yellow calcite with quartz. Quartz is known for its strong healing properties. It clears the clutter from the mind and can also help in expanding consciousness. When Quartz and yellow calcite come together, they can create a very powerful force that can help in spiritual healing.
Zodiac connection and Yellow Calcite
Yellow Calcite can be used by anyone and it imparts the same amount of powers and benefits. That said, there are some astrological signs that may find a particular affinity with this gemstone.
For example, people born under the sign of Virgo may find that Yellow Calcite can help them to focus their minds and to access their personal power.
In general, Yellow Calcite is a stone that can be used by anyone who wants to harness the power of the sun. It is a stone of optimism, hope, and happiness. It can help to dispel negative energy and to bring positive energy into your life.
Comparison with other stones
Yellow Calcite vs Honey Calcite
There are a few different types of calcite, but the two that are most commonly confused are yellow calcite and honey calcite. Both stones are yellow in colour, but honey calcite has a slight brown or orange tint to it. Yellow calcite has a bright, lemony yellow colour with no other hues. on the other hand, honey calcite is a bit more subdued in colour and has a warm, honey-like tone.
When it comes to calcite, the colour is not the only difference between these two types. Yellow calcite is a bit more fragile than honey calcite and is more prone to chipping and breaking. Honey calcite, on the other hand, is a bit more durable and can withstand more wear and tear.
If you’re looking for a stone that is durable and has a bright, lemony yellow colour, then yellow calcite is the stone for you. However, if you prefer a stone that is a bit more subdued in colour and has a warm, honey-like tone, then honey calcite may be a better choice.
Yellow Calcite vs. Yellow Aventurine
There are a few key differences between yellow calcite and yellow aventurine. For one, yellow calcite is a calcium carbonate while yellow aventurine is a type of quartz. This means that yellow calcite is softer than yellow aventurine, with a Mohs hardness of 3 compared to 7 for aventurine.
Calcite is also more brittle than aventurine, meaning it is more likely to chip or break if dropped or handled roughly. Aventurine, on the other hand, is a bit tougher and less likely to show wear and tear.
Finally, calcite is typically less expensive than aventurine, making it a good choice for those on a budget.
Yellow Calcite vs Citrine
The main difference between yellow calcite and citrine is that yellow calcite is a calcium carbonate mineral whereas citrine is a variety of quartz. Both yellow calcite and citrine are yellow-coloured minerals. However, the colour of yellow calcite can be anything from pale yellow to bright yellow, while the colour of citrine is always pale yellow to yellowish brown.
In terms of hardness, yellow calcite is 3 on the Mohs scale while citrine is 7 on the Mohs scale. Therefore, citrine is harder than yellow calcite.
When it comes to crystal structure, yellow calcite belongs to the trigonal system while citrine belongs to the hexagonal system.
Yellow calcite is said to be a powerful stone that can help to increase your self-confidence and motivation. It is also said to be helpful in overcoming fears and phobias. Yellow calcite is said to be a stone of mental clarity and is said to be helpful in accessing your higher mind. It is also said to be helpful in increasing your memory and concentration.
Yellow calcite is said to be a stone of positive energy and is said to be helpful in attracting good luck and success. Yellow calcite is said to be a stone of healing and is said to be helpful in treating disorders of the digestive system, skin, and bones. It is also said to be helpful in treating conditions like arthritis and migraines. Yellow calc
How to identify Yellow Calcite
Yellow calcite is a relatively soft and fragile stone, making it easy to scratch and chip. It is also a relatively dense stone, so it will feel heavier than other stones of a similar size. The best way to identify yellow calcite is by its colour; it is one of the few stones that are consistently and brightly yellow.
Interested in reading about other calcite stones? Explore the world of Caribbean calcite