Lava stone is an igneous rock that is formed from the solidification of lava. It is a type of volcanic rock that is characterised by its porous and vesicular texture. Apart from being this unique stone, the lava stone meaning comes from the many healing properties it possesses.
The name “lava stone” is derived from the Latin word “lavare”, which means “to wash”. This is because lava stone is often used in laundry and other cleaning applications.
Lava stone is composed of several minerals, including feldspar, quartz, and olivine. The most common type of lava stone is basalt, which is formed from the solidification of lava that has cooled relatively quickly.
Lava stone has a wide range of colours, including black, brown, red, and grey. The colour of lava stone depends on the type of lava that was used to create it. Lava stone crystal is often used in jewellery and other decorative items. It is also a popular material for making sculptures and other artworks.
Lava Stone meaning
Lava stone is said to be a stone of strength and courage. It is also said to be a stone of rebirth and transformation. Lava stone is said to be helpful for those who are going through major life changes. It is also said to be helpful for those who are seeking to find their true purpose in life.
It has powerful spiritual and emotional energies. Lava stone is said to be helpful in times of crisis and can provide strength and support. It is also said to be helpful in promoting creativity and self-expression.
Lava Stone history and origin
After a volcanic eruption, what’s left behind is lava stone. Lava stone is actually solidified lava and is found in a variety of colours, most commonly black. The stone texture is usually rough with a porous surface. Lava stone is found all over the world, with notable deposits in Hawaii, Iceland, and Italy.
Lava stone also known as Basalt, was first used by the Native Americans in tools and weapons. Lava stone has a long history of being used in jewellery, sculptures and other decorative items.
Lava Stone benefits
1. Lava stone is said to be helpful in times of crisis and can provide strength and support.
2. Lava stone helps in promoting creativity and self-expression.
3. Those going through major life changes can benefit from lava stones.
4. Lava stone is said to be helpful in finding one’s true purpose in life.
5. Lava stone crystals can provide strength and courage.
6. Lava stone is said to be a stone of rebirth and transformation.
Lava Stone healing properties
The two important ingredients in lava rock are earth and fire which define the lava rock meaning. What these two symbolise are transformation and strength. Earth and fire are not on the same wavelength and require a lot of energy to work together but when they do, they can create incredible results. This is what lava rock can do for you, it can help you to transform your life and make you stronger in the process.
Lava Stone has many healing properties right from emotional, and physical to metaphysical benefits.
List of Emotional healing properties of Lava Stone
- Aids in concentration and memory retention. Lava rock crystal helps in increasing focus and enhancing overall concentration power.
- For those who aren’t able to keep their minds stable or panic in tough situations, Lava rock helps in calming the mind.
- Reduces stress levels and anxiety by diffusing negative energy.
- Lava rock is also known to be helpful in grounding one’s emotions.
List of Physical healing properties of Lava Stone
- Lava rock crystal is believed to help in balancing the body’s natural energy levels.
- Lava Stone also aids in blood circulation and helps in detoxifying the body.
- The detoxifying property of lava rock is also said to be helpful in treating skin conditions like acne.
List of Metaphysical healing properties of Lava Stone
- Lava rock crystal aids in achieving a better understanding of oneself.
- Lava rock crystal promotes creativity and self-expression. It brings out the fun side of you and once you engage in creative works, you will observe it working actively.
- Lava Stone is said to be helpful in times of crisis and can provide strength and support.
Lava Stone meaning and chakra connection
Lava stone is connected to the first or base chakra. The base chakra or root chakra is located at the base of the spine and is responsible for grounding and stability. The base chakra also called Muladhara chakra plays a significant role in our daily lives.
It acts as a foundation for the other chakras and is responsible for our sense of safety and security. When this chakra is balanced, we feel grounded and stable. We are able to face life’s challenges with courage and confidence.
The base chakra is also associated with the element of earth. Earth is a grounding element that helps us to feel connected to the physical world. The element of the earth also symbolises fertility, abundance, and stability.
Lava stone is said to be helpful in balancing the base chakra and promoting a sense of security and safety. It is also said to be helpful in promoting creativity and self-expression.
When to use Lava Stone crystal and Lava Rock to unblock root chakra
- When you feel disconnected from the physical world or your body.
- When you get the sense that you are ungrounded or not very stable mentally and emotionally.
- When you feel like you are not in touch with your true self.
- You feel lowered self-esteem and question your self-worth.
- When you need more courage and confidence to face life’s challenges.
- When you feel like you are in a creative rut and need some inspiration.
- Decision making seems difficult.
- When there is a feeling of insecurity and instability in your life.
- When you need to detoxify your body and mind.
How to use Lava Stone to unblock and balance your root chakra
- Wear lava stone jewellery or carry lava stones with you.
- Place a piece of lava stone in your home or office.
- Meditate with a piece of lava stone.
- Use lava stone in your chakra balancing and healing rituals.
- Add lava stones to your bathwater.
- Massage your body with lava stones.
How to cleanse Lava Stone
Lava stone is a very porous stone and can easily absorb negative energy. It is important to cleanse your lava stone regularly to remove any negative energy it has absorbed.
It is important to cleanse Lava stone crystals before using them for healing purposes and before chakra unblocking. There are several ways to cleanse lava stones. Here are some ways to cleanse them.
One of the easiest ways to cleanse your lava stones is to simply rinse them under running water. You can also place them in a bowl of water and allow them to soak for a few minutes.
Another way to cleanse your lava stones is to place them in a bowl of salt. You can use sea salt, Himalayan salt, or any other type of salt. Allow the stones to soak in the salt for a few hours or overnight.
You can also cleanse your lava stones using incense smoke. Simply hold the stones in the smoke for a few minutes.
Moonlight is also a great way to cleanse your lava stones. Simply place your stones outside in the moonlight overnight. Next morning, it will be ready to use. It is best to cleanse them using moonlight on full moon days.
You can also cleanse your lava stones using sunlight. Place your stones in direct sunlight for a few hours. Remove them from the sunlight and wipe it with a soft cotton cloth before using them.
After cleansing your lava stones, it is important to charge them before using them for healing purposes. You can charge your lava stones using any of the above methods.
Affirmations for recharging Lava Stone
It is recommended to use affirmations while charging them. Use the following affirmations for charging your Lava stone crystal-
“I am safe, I am protected, I am loved, I am Grounded.”
“I am strong, I am courageous, I am confident.”
“I am stable, I am secure, I am safe.”
“I am connected to the earth, I am connected to my body, I am connected to my soul.”
“I am in touch with my true self, I am in touch with my authentic self.”
“I am balanced, I am centered, I am grounded.”
“I am creative, I am expressive, I am an artist.”
“I am in control of my life, I am in control of my destiny.”
How to use Lava stone in your daily life
There are many ways to use lava stone in your daily life. Here are some ways you can use them:
One of the most popular ways to use lava stone is to wear them as jewellery. Lava stone bracelets and necklaces are very popular. They are not only beautiful but also have healing properties.
As a Decoration:
Lava stone can also be used as a decoration. You can place them in your home or office. They can also be used to make sculptures and other artworks.
As a Massage Stone:
Lava stones can also be used as massage stones. This helps in promoting relaxation and alleviating pain.
Lava stones are also used in aromatherapy. They are said to be helpful in promoting relaxation and stress relief. It brings calmness and peace to the mind and body.
Lava stones can also be added to baths. This helps in promoting relaxation and detoxification. It makes the bath perfect for a relaxing and soothing experience.
In Reiki and Healing:
Lava stones are also used in Reiki and healing. They are said to be helpful in balancing the chakras and promoting healing.
Lava stones can also be used in meditation. Place the lava stone in your hands while meditating and experience peace of mind and complete relaxation of mind.
Lava stone bracelet meaning and benefits
A Lava stone bracelet is a type of bracelet that is made from lava stone beads. Lava stone bracelets are said to be helpful in promoting relaxation and stress relief. They are also said to be helpful in balancing the chakras and promoting healing. Lava stone bracelets are also said to be helpful in promoting creativity and self-expression.
Lava stone bracelets are available in a wide range of colours, including black, brown, red, and grey. The colour of the lava stone bracelet depends on the type of lava that was used to create it.
Lava stone bracelets are often made with elastic thread so that they can be easily worn and taken off. They are also often made with adjustable knots so that they can be adjusted to fit any size wrist.
Lava stone bracelets are not only beautiful but also have healing properties. They are said to be helpful in promoting relaxation and stress relief. They are also said to be helpful in balancing the chakras and promoting healing.
Lava stone bracelets are a great gift for anyone who is going through a difficult time or is in need of healing. They are also a great gift for those who are seeking to find their true purpose in life.
List of lava stone bracelet benefits
- Lava stone bracelets are helpful in promoting relaxation and stress relief.
- Lava stone bracelets help balance the chakras and promote healing.
- Lava stone bracelets are helpful in promoting creativity and self-expression.
- Lava stone bracelets make a great gift for anyone who is going through a difficult time or is in need of healing.
How do Lava stone bracelets work
Lava stone bracelets work by diffusing negative energy and promoting positive energy. Lava stone is a very porous stone and can easily absorb negative energy. When negative energy is absorbed by lava stone, it is then diffused into the air, leaving only positive energy behind.
How to tell if lava beads are real
There are several ways to tell if lava beads are real. Here are some ways to tell:
- Check the weight of the beads. Lava beads should be light in weight.
- Look at the surface and texture of the beads. Lava beads should be porous and have a rough surface.
- Colour is another important factor. Lava beads should be black or dark in colour.
- Lava beads should be cool to the touch.
Enjoyed reading about Lava stone meaning. Here is another gemstone that makes excellent jewellery – Chakra Bracelet Guide