Blue lace agate is a beautiful blue stone with white banding that makes it a stunning crystal. This is a stone of communication and emotions. It relieves one from all fear and anxiety while providing a free flow of speech and expression.
In this Guide, we cover everything from the history and meaning of blue lace agate to its physical and emotional benefits.
What is Blue Lace Agate?
Blue Lace Agates are semiprecious stones that are part of the chalcedony family. Similar to the other Agate crystals, this stone is also a variety of banded chalcedony.
This Blue chalcedony lace stone is characterized by its soft, blue coloration and often has white or transparent bands running through it. The stone is found in various parts of the world, including Africa, the middle east, Brazil, and the United States.
Blue Lace Agate meaning is defined by its ability to bring calmness and act as a soothing stone. It is said to help with communication and promote peace and harmony. The stone is also said to be helpful for those who suffer from anxiety or stress.
The name “Blue Lace Agate” comes from the stone’s unique soft color – Blue and the fact that it is found in lacy, layered bands.
Blue Lace Agate is a member of the Chalcedony family, which also includes Agates, Jasper, and Onyx.
Blue Lace Agate Meaning
Blue Lace Agate is a stone with many meanings. Its primary meaning is derived from its name – it is said to resemble blue lace, and is used as a reminder to stay calm and centered, even in the midst of chaos.
This blue crystal is also known as a stone of communication, helping those who have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings.
According to Sioux mythology, Blue Lace Agate is the stone of the Sioux Moon goddess. She is said to have blessed the stone with the power to bring peace and tranquillity to those who wear it.
The Blue Lace Agate meaning can also be described below:
– Inner peace
Blue Lace Agate Properties
Blue Lace Agate is a type of Chalcedony and is a member of the Quartz family. It is a translucent to semi-opaque stone with a Mohs hardness of 6.5-7. It typically has a blue or bluish-white color, although it can also be found in shades of pink, purple, and green. Its name comes from its characteristic lacy patterns which are created by bands of different colors.
History and Origin of Blue Lace Agate
The Agate stones are some of the oldest stones in history. Their history goes back to the Neolithic period, which was around 12,000 BC. The first agates were found in the Achates River in Sicily. These agates were used to make tools and weapons. They believed that these agates had mystical powers.
The name “agate” comes from the Greek word “achates”, which means “good luck”. The agates were used as amulets to protect the wearer from evil. The ancient Greek and Romans used agates in jewelry and as decorations in their homes.
In the Middle Ages, agates were used as talismans. They believed that agates could ward off evil spirits and give the wearer strength and courage.
Agates were also used in the art of divination. The agates would be heated and then the cracks that appeared in the stone were interpreted to predict the future.
The use of agates declined in the Renaissance period. But, in the 18th and 19th centuries, agates became popular again. They were used to make cameos, mosaics, and other decorative items.
Blue Lace Agate is a variety of agate that is found in Namibia. It is a relatively new stone and was first discovered in the 1950s.
This special blue stone is found in only one place in the world- the mountainous area of Namibia in south western Africa. The story goes that the first pieces of Blue Lace Agate were discovered by a group of prospectors in the early 1900s.
The stone was so beautiful and unique that they decided to keep it a secret from the outside world and only sell it to people they knew and trusted.
It wasn’t until the 1960s that Blue Lace Agate was finally made available to the general public. Since then, it has become one of the most popular gemstones on the market.
Where does Blue Lace Agate come from?
The vast majority of Blue Lace Agate on the market today originates from South Africa. The region is originally south west Africa. It can also be found in Namibia and Brazil. It is a relatively common stone and is not considered to be rare.
For having more options, a natural blue lace agate was created in Germany. This was formed using dyed stones for making jewellery.
Healing properties of Blue Lace Agate
As Blue Lace Agate belongs to the vast Agate family, it naturally carries with it the vibrations and energies of stability, grounding, and security.
Emotional healing properties of Blue Lace Agate
– Helps in calming down the mind and emotions
– Agate promotes communication and self-expression
– Releases bottled-up emotions
– Assists in letting go of old patterns and behaviours
– Encourages honesty and openness
– Facilitates spiritual attunement
– Helps to connect with higher realms
– Strengthens intuition
-Promotes self-acceptance and self-love
This nurturing stone is an excellent emotional healing stone that has a very soft and gentle vibration which comes from its blue color. It is a stone of calmness and serenity and can be used to bring about a more relaxed state in times of stress.
The feminine nature of this stone also makes it useful for helping to soothe and heal emotional wounds. Those who have trouble channelling their emotions or who tend to bottle them up will find Blue Lace Agate helpful.
What it does is bring the emotions to the surface so that they can be dealt with and released.
Blue Lace Agate is associated with the Throat Chakra and can be used to help with communication and self-expression. It is especially helpful for those who have difficulty speaking their truth or who tend to hold back their opinions for fear of offending others.
Wearing or carrying this blue crystal can help to open up the channels of communication and to promote honest and open dialogue.
Physical healing properties of Blue Lace Agate
– Soothes the throat and neck
– Treats thyroid imbalances
– Eases stomach cramps and indigestion
– Boosts the immune system
-Helps to ease any pain or discomfort in the body
-Aids in the relief of allergies and hay fever
– Releases pregnancy-related discomforts
– Aids with pain related to broken bones
– Helps with the treatment of high blood pressure
Blue Lace Agate has many physical healing benefits to it. This stone provides relief during allergies, colds and flu season. It also helps to ease tension headaches and migraines. This Blue stone is a powerful throat healer that soothes the throat chakra area and helps to ease any pain or discomfort associated with it.
Our body’s immune system requires a regular supply of negative ions. Blue Lace Agate is a powerful stone for generating negative ions. It boosts the immune system of our body and keeps it healthy.
Blue Lace Agate is said to be helpful for women who are pregnant or nursing, as it is said to promote lactation and ease the discomfort of pregnancy.
Spiritual healing properties of Blue Lace Agate
– Aids connection with higher self
– Enhances psychic abilities
– Useful for scrying
– Helps with communication in relationships
– Aids in understanding, accepting and expressing emotions
– Overcomes loneliness
– Promotes nurturing and comfort
– Helps those who have difficulty being heard by others, or who need to speak with eloquence
Blue Lace Agate is an excellent stone with metaphysical properties. It is a stone of communication, helping those who have difficulty being heard by others, or who need to speak with eloquence and eloquence.
It is also a supportive stone, promoting nurturing and comfort. It helps to overcome loneliness, and aids in understanding, accepting and expressing emotions. It also helps with communication in relationships.
Being part of the Agate family, these Blue stones help in connecting with the Earth’s energies.
Those wanting to reconnect with their higher selves will find this stone to be helpful. It also enhances psychic abilities and can be used for scrying.
Blue Lace Agate and Chakra connection
Blue Lace Agate is connected to the Throat Chakra, which is the energy center of communication. It is the 5th chakra with a Blue color.
The throat chakra is the voice of the body. It is a pressure point located in the center of the neck. This chakra is the passage of energy between the lower four chakras and the higher three chakras.
The throat chakra is linked to the element of sound and the sense of hearing. It governs communication, expression of truth, and creativity.
Blue Lace Agate is a stone that aligns with the Throat Chakra. It helps to open up communication and aids in the expression of thoughts and feelings. It also helps to boost creativity.
Blue Lace Agate meaning stands for communication. It is a stone of communication, helping those who have difficulty expressing themselves, and can help in overcoming speech impediments. It is also a stone that can help one to be more eloquent and articulate.
Keeping the Throat chakra aligned is important and Blue Lace Agate can certainly help. If you have trouble communicating, or feel like you can’t find the words, this is a great stone to work with.
Apart from the throat chakra, it is also linked to the third eye chakra, which is said to enhance intuition and psychic abilities.
The third eye chakra is associated with the element of wind and is said to be the chakra of psychic ability, intuition, and inner knowing.
This Blue crystal helps in strengthening the connection to the spiritual realm and is excellent for those who are seeking guidance from their higher selves or their spirit guides.
Varieties Of Blue Lace Agate
The most common variety of blue lace agate is the banded type, which is characterized by its striking blue and white bands. However, there are also other varieties that exhibit different colors and patterns.
1. Dendritic Blue Lace Agate: This variety of blue lace agate contains dendritic inclusions that resemble tree branches or leaves.
2. Dragonfly Blue Lace Agate: As the name suggests, this type of blue lace agate contains inclusions that resemble dragonflies.
3. Flame Blue Lace Agate: This variety of blue lace agate contains inclusions that resemble flames.
4. Moss Blue Lace Agate: This type of blue lace agate contains inclusions that resemble moss or algae.
5. Plume Blue Lace Agate: This variety of blue lace agate contains inclusions that resemble plumes or feathers.
Benefits of Blue Lace Agate
1. Its connection with the throat chakra makes it helpful in communicating your feelings and thoughts.
2. It helps with public speaking and lowers stage fright.
3. It is a stone of calm and serenity, helping to ease anxiety and stress.
4. It helps to promote self-expression and creativity.
5. It can be used to help with decision-making, as it promotes logic and reasoning.
6. It is said to be helpful in treating disorders of the throat, such as laryngitis and thyroid problems.
7. It is believed to be helpful in reducing inflammation and easing pain.
8. It is thought to be helpful in boosting the immune system and aiding in the healing of wounds.
Ways to use Blue Lace Agate stones
Blue Lace Agate as Jewellery
Blue Lace Agate can be used as beautiful and unique jewellery. When wearing Blue Lace Agate, is said to bring about inner peace and harmony. As the stone remains closer to the body for longer durations, it can also help to soothe and calm emotions.
Wear Blue Lace Agate as a necklace, bracelet or ring. Its soothing blue color makes it perfect to be worn as an everyday piece.
Blue Lace Agate in the Home
Blue Lace Agate is said to promote peace and harmony in the home. It can be used as a decoration piece or kept in a room where its calming energy is needed the most. Place it in the living room to promote family togetherness or in the bedroom to encourage restful sleep and pleasant dreams
Blue Lace Agate at Work
Blue Lace Agate is said to be a supportive stone that can help to ease communication and promote collaboration in the workplace. It can be placed on the desk or in a meeting room to help encourage a more harmonious and productive work environment. When in stress or in a toxic environment, take a piece of Blue Lace Agate with you to help keep you calm and centered.
Blue Lace Agate during Meditation
Blue Lace Agate can be used as a tool during meditation to help still the mind and achieve a deeper state of relaxation. Hold a piece of the stone in your hand or place it on the body, and focus on its gentle, calming energy.
As the mind quiets, allow the stone to guide you into a deeper state of awareness and understanding. Bring your focus back to the stone whenever your mind begins to wander. Feel the stone’s energy infusing your body and mind with peace and harmony. It is a perfect stone for meditative focus.
Crystal Healing with Blue Lace Agate
Blue Lace Agate is most commonly used for crystal healing. It is said to be a stone of communication, helping those who have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings. It is also said to be helpful for those who are shy or have a hard time speaking in public.
Take a crystal bowl and place a piece of Blue Lace Agate in the bottom. Fill the bowl with water and place it in the sun for a few hours. Drink the water throughout the day to help you communicate your thoughts and feelings more clearly. Using crystal bowls for this process is ideal.
Cleansing And Charging Blue Lace Agate stones
1. Using Sunlight: Sunlight is a great source of energy and can help to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. Simply place your stones in direct sunlight for a few hours. You may want to do this on a day when the sun is particularly strong, such as during the summer months. You may use a soft brush to dust off the impurities.
2. Using Moonlight: Moonlight is another great way to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. Place your stones outside during the night so that they can absorb the moonlight. Best time to do this is during full moon days where the moonlight is at its strongest.
3. Using Running Water: Running water is also a great way to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. You can do this by placing your stones in a bowl of running water for a few minutes. Make sure the water is not too hot or too cold. You can also use warm soapy water for this purpose.
4. Using Incense: Incense is a great way to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. Simply hold your stones in the smoke of an incense stick or burn some incense near them. You can use any type of incense for this purpose, but some people prefer to use sage or sandalwood incense.
5. Using Reiki: Reiki is a form of energy healing that can be used to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. Simply hold your stones in your hands and channel Reiki energy into them. You can also place your stones on a Reiki grid for this purpose.
6. Using other stones: You can also use other stones to cleanse and charge your Blue Lace Agate stones. Simply place your Blue Lace Agate stones next to other stones that you feel would be beneficial, such as amethyst or citrine. The healing energies of these gemstones help in cleansing the crystal.
Is Blue Lace Agate Rare?
Blue Lace Agate is not considered to be a rare stone and is actually quite common. It can be found in many different locations around the world and is often used in jewelry and other decorative objects. South America is one of the main sources of this type of agate.
Blue Lace Agate Birthstone
This crystal is associated with the astrological signs of Gemini and Libra. those born under these signs have the tendency to be indecisive, but blue lace agate can help to bring inner peace and calm, allowing them to make clear decisions. The zodiac stones associated with Gemini are agate, chrysoprase and peridot.
Blue lace agate is also one of the crystals of the 12th anniversary.
Learn about more Agate stones: